ICC cricket world cup 2019 was full of moments that made us all laugh, cry and bite our nails. Fans have always lived for the game and we have compiled our favourite moments for you all to look back at. Let’s see if your favourite moment has made it to the list:
- Ben Stoke’s flying catch: During England versus South Africa, when S.A. was struggling to chase the total of 312 runs set by England at 180/6, Ben Stokes took a nearly impossible catch resulting in the dismissal of Phehluhkwayo. The catch seemed supernatural and is considered as one of the best catches in the entire tournament. If you missed it, we have the video for you:
- Kuldeep Yadav taking Babar’s wicket: As always India versus Pakistan was one of the most exciting game of the tournament and India won the match by Duckworth-Lewis rule. Kuldeep Yadav probably bowled the best ball of the tournament taking away Babar Azam’s wicket which broke a crucial partnership for Pakistan. Here’s the link to it:
- Virat and Rohit meeting the superfan dadi: This out of the ground moment surely was one of the most wholesome moments in the tournament. 87-year-old Charulata Ji stole the show when she narrated her fan story. Her enthusiasm and support for the men in blue was amazing.
- Rohit Sharma getting along with Sachin’s record: Rohit Sharma scored 5 tons this season and tied up with Sachin Tendulkar’s record of scoring 6 tons in all the world cup he has played and Kumar Sangakkara’s record of hitting 5 tons in a single world cup. Sharma had a fantastic tournament but sadly wasn’t able to win it. Here are the highlights of that innings versus Sri Lanka:
- Ben Stoke’s accidental six: The world cup final was on another level of madness. The scoreboard ending up in a tie and the match getting into the super over which also got tied up and England winning the world cup by the number of boundaries hit in the super over. An overthrown ball hit Ben Stoke’s bat and went on to cross the boundary adding up 4 extra runs to the already scored 2 runs. This is also one of the most controversial topics of the tournament as Ben Stokes also pleaded the umpire not to award those runs. And several former cricketers called this as bad umpiring. Bad or good this resulted in England’s maiden world cup win.
Do not forget to mention your favourite moments of the world cup.