Waheeda Rehman Turns 81: Some Interesting Facts to Know about this Living Legend
Waheeda Rehman was born on 3rd February 1938. She is a legendary actress who not only did Hindi films but was also a part of Tamil, Telugu and Bengali films. This Veteran actress mesmerized the audience in the 1950s, 60s and early 70s.
Let’s take a look at some interesting facts about this renowned actress of her era:
- Waheeda Rehman was first
castedin a Telugu movie. She was just a 16-year-old teenager when she confronted the camera lenses.
Ji hadmany relationships with Amitabh Bachchan. Not in real life, but in reel life. She played the role of the sister-in-law, mother in ‘Trishul’ and wife in ‘Kabhie Kabhie’.
- Who knew that Waheeda Rehman wanted to a doctor? Yes, you heard it right. She wanted to be a doctor. But destiny had different plans for her and she landed into acting at a very young age.
- There is nothing that this actor can’t do. She has shown her versatility by playing different roles. Waheeda Ji was also a part of Tamil, Telugu and Bengali films.
- This superstar has been awarded 4 times by the Government of India.
|1971: National Award for best actress (Reshma Aur Shera)|
|1972: Padma Shri|
|2006: NTR National Award|
|2011: Padma Bhushan|
- The actress has even won the Filmfare award thrice.
1966: Award for best actress (Guide)
1968: Award for best actress (Neel Kamal)
1994: Lifetime Achievement Award
- Eid pe Sevaiyan Nahi? Ye Kaise Ho Sakta Hai? Well, Waheeda Rehman
ji’sown hand cooked Sevaiyan are very popular.
- Apart from her love for movies, she was passionate about photography. She had a strong desire to shoot and visit the National Parks of Africa.